Since 1962, NRECA International has developed programs that promote economic prosperity in developing countries through technical assistance and training in rural electrification.
NRECA International strives to create permanent business cultures and operating environments in which local electrification institutions are able to survive, compete, prosper and grow.
- Feasibility Studies
- Institutional Development
- Productive Uses and Economic Development
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Rural Electrification Planning
- Rural Electrification Project Design
- Utility Operations and Management
NRECA International is recruiting an Access Director for USAID’s Power Africa Energy Accelerator project. The candidate must have significant experience in navigating and designing policies that expand electricity access to disenfranchised populations, improving the effectiveness of the distribution companies (DISCOs) through expanding service and reducing losses, and supporting off-grid enterprises to connect communities that are not connected to the grid.
Duties and responsibilities for the Access Director include:
- Leading efforts to identify and evaluate energy access interventions that will contribute to Accelerator access targets.
- Directing Accelerator support activities for the Rural Electrification Agency Connections Policy, a program to significantly accelerate connections for DISCOs in Uganda.
- Collaborating with and identify opportunities to accelerate expansion of off-grid energy service including mini-grid and stand-alone solar PV service providers.
- Leading other access initiatives as may be defined and evaluated by the Accelerator team.
Candidates should have, at a minimum, the following experience and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or higher degree in economics, business administration, engineering, energy policy, finance and/or other related fields preferred.
- Five years of professional experience in providing transaction support to small-scale, distributed generation, and/or off-grid enterprises.
- A proven track-record of designing and implementing technical assistance programs for electric distribution service providers to improve access coverage and quality of service; off-grid service providers to expand the scale of their operations.
- Experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders in the energy sector.
- Demonstrated experience with grid and off-grid energy access projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Power sector experience in Uganda preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-cultural teams.
Job Type: Full-time position
How to Apply
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV, contact information and a cover letter describing relevant experience, to email@example.com.