The Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) is the only business association in the world focusing on the development of off-grid renewable energy solutions for rural electrification in developing countries and emerging markets. We build on the experience from over 110 Member organisations worldwide which represent the complete value chain of renewable energy technologies.
We are recruiting a ‘Communications Assistant / Intern’ from September - February 2018 (full-time; 38h per week) to support the Communications & Marketing Officer in the implementation of the organisation’s communications strategy.
Key tasks include:
- ARE internal communications with Members (preparation of ARE Weekly Alert by collecting and consolidating market and business information, updating statistical data);
- Developing & researching relevant business opportunities (funding, awards, procurements, consulting opportunities);
- ARE external communications (newsletter + website support);
- Media monitoring and analysis;
- Event support for conferences, exhibitions and stakeholder dialogues (partnership agreements, preparation of presentations).
- University degree or equivalent in Communications / Public Affairs, preferably with a focus on developing countries and on the energy / environment sector
- Previous work experience in an international, preferably European, Institution, NGO or company desirable;
- Strong organisational and advanced IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) including CMS;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential (native speaker or equivalent); knowledge of other languages (particularly Spanish, French, Portuguese or German) would be an asset;
- Ability to provide clear and concise deliverables under time pressure;
- Keen eye for details;
- Independent, flexible, efficient and a good team player.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should address their application (CV + Cover Letter + information about earliest possible starting date) with the subject line “ARE Communications Assistant / Intern” to Ling Ng, Communications & Marketing Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, 25 August 2017.
Please note that only candidates accepted for interview will receive an answer from the ARE Secretariat.