We are a for profit social business with Dutch origins, passionate about transforming lives by providing high quality solar energy and financing solutions in East Africa.
We’re looking to add a detail oriented, methodical and collaborative data analyst to our growing team of driven professionals. As a data analyst, you will play a key role in our organization.Your primary goal will be to leverage data from our MIS, communicate your findings to help us make smarter, data-backed business decisions. The position will report to the Financial Controller.
Data and MIS Analyst Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create models that depict company-wide trends and dashboards that represent the state of the business.
- Perform testing and validation of data sets.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Analyze data and develop reports from company MIS and make recommendations to management and other relevant stake holders.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data.
- Managing and designing data and information according to guidelines.
- Work closely with the MIS team in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content.
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools.
- Provide sector and competitor bench marking and analyze large data sets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
- Determine the meaning of data and explain how teams and leaders can leverage it to improve and streamline their process.
Data Analyst Job Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from any accredited university or college in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information technology or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Expert with Microsoft Excel and various business intelligence and analytical tools.
- High level written and verbal Communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and project management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Willingness to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to use vast statistical analysis packages i.e Stata, SPSS, Epi-Data
A Masters in Business information systems, OR computer science OR Economics OR Information Management OR Mathematics and Statistics. Data Science and Analytics.
Send Cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Read the full job description
As soon as possible