Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) is an SME with over 30 years of experience in projects and services for renewable energy, rural electrification, development and sustainability. TTA mainly works in the following areas:
High value consultancy services in distributed renewable energy
▪ Design of renewable energy projects, grid tied and off-grid power plants
▪ Turnkey services of renewable energy projects, in particular solar PV and RE micro-grids for rural electrification
▪ Engineering services for public and private clients
▪ Design of sustainable and eco-efficient buildings
▪ Policy and capacity building projects for governments in Renewable Energy and Sustainability
Trama TecnoAmbiental headquarters are based in Barcelona, Spain and has regular presence in Nairobi, Kenya and in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
TTA designs and delivers micro-grids with renewable energy generation for rural electrification. Due to the increase in the demand for these solutions, and in Africa and Latin America-Caribbean in particular, TTA is seeking a diligent design and field engineer, fluent in French and English. He will report to the Technical Director and to Project Managers.
The Field & Design Engineer will specifically be involved:
▪ To travel to project sites for renewable energy project supervision and commissioning (approximately 50% of time).
▪ Ability to remotely and on-site, closely work and supervise local sub-contractors in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
▪ To assess and support the selection of subcontractors and providers according to the procedure required by the project.
▪ To support on the procurement and logistics of goods.
▪ To draw-up technical designs and writing specifications (both mechanical and electrical) (complying with standards), bill of quantities, including but not limited to distribution lines, microgrid plants, battery, control and monitoring system, buildings and structures.
▪ To help the Business Development department in preparing proposals, in particular preparing technical methodologies, bill of materials and budgets and technical drawings for proposals.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
▪ A bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical or electrical
▪ Minimum 2 years of experience in PV energy
▪ REQUIREMENT - Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
▪ Passionate about renewable energies and rural electrification
▪ Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
▪ Methodical and organized
▪ Motivation to travel internationally often.
▪ Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and AutoCAD.
▪ Ability and proven experience to learn quickly and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges
▪ Ability to lead and communicate with a team
The following competences will also be an advantage:
▪ A Master’s degree
▪ Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese will be valued
▪ Knowledge of RE system design tools such as PVSyst, RETSCREEN and HOMER
▪ Energy efficiency related experience
▪ Experience with design of LV distribution grids
▪ Familiar with EU and other multilateral agencies’ public procurement procedures
Salary and benefits:
To be determined according to the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Starting date: Immediate
Position based in: Barcelona, Spain with travels to project site both short term and medium duration missions
Apply: Interested applicants may send their up-to-date resumes along with a short cover letter (1 page max.) to the following electronic address before the 20th of May: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
As soon as possible