Mobisol combines solar energy with an affordable payment plan via mobile phone, comprehensive customer service and innovative remote monitoring technology. The Berlin-based company offers low-income customers in developing nations quality solar home systems that are a clean alternative to unhealthy, environmentally harmful, and expensive fossil fuels. Systems come in varying sizes from 80 to 200 Wp to match the various energy needs of differing households. Mobisol solar home systems provide enough electricity to power bright LED lights, radios, mobile phones and a variety of household and consumer appliances. The larger systems can also power small businesses enabling entrepreneurial customers to create additional income. In this way, Mobisol stimulates economic and social development in project countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection.
with strong experience in Below the Line (BTL) B2C-focused marketing
Location: Arusha, Tanzania with travel across Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda
Full time, indeterminate, as soon as possible
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Marketing and Communications professional who will lead our Marketing and Communications (MarCom) department. As a Head of MarCom East Africa you will ensure a coherent identity in line with our company values, a brand design and a communication strategy targeting customers, investors, employees, and governmental/institutional leaders. Furthermore, you will coordinate all respective MarCom activities in the countries.
Are you our new Head of MarCom expert who has what it takes for this great challenge and wants to work in a vibrant and dynamic environment to make this happen?
- Core activity of this role is to – in close cooperation with the commercial team and other stakeholders – lead the strategy development and design of high impact marketing activities across Mobisol country offices in East Africa, and ensure daily execution according to developed guidelines and policies. This includes setting up strong go-to-market approaches and ensuring consistency in the execution on a daily basis. The focus will be on below the line (BTL) marketing activities.
- Oversee above the line (ATL) marketing activities in East Africa, ensuring the brand and messaging on media channels are consistent and implemented as and when needed.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of corporate identity and brand strategy with key focus on our country offices,
- Coordination of the MarCom team, including gathering of best practices and alignment across EA.
- Be the natural focal point between Mobisol HQ and Country Offices, bridging local consumer requirements with regional/EA needs, building a strong, effective and efficient brand and ensuring campaign execution.
- Ensure brand consistency across all communication platforms in all countries
- Support roll out of new products and services providing brand, marketing and communication strategy and materials.
- Develop and improve policies and processes for marketing of Mobisol Group
- Develop key high level media relationships across all countries
- Drive market, customer, and competitor research
- Representing Mobisol towards Stakeholders
- Academic degree in communications or MarketingProven track record of management experience within the inter-divisional context of Marketing, Sales and Communications departments
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Experience in international renewable energy / solar off-grid public relations
- Deep understanding of market dynamics and work experience in (East) Africa
- Experience in an industry selling to rural or lower-income customers is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and initiative team player
- Ability to identify priorities and to meet targets
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel internationally at least 6 months per year
- Fluency in English
We are looking forward to receiving your application to Lucinda Pouw (email@example.com) with the subject line “Head of Marketing and Communications“.
While we appreciate all responses to our request for applications, please understand that we will only contact short-listed candidates. Mobisol is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women and men, without discrimination.
As soon as possible