Revelle Group is a consulting company working in developing countries and emerging economies in three key sectors: energy & climate change, environment and sustainable economic & social development. As a cross-cutting service, we also provide tailored outreach & communication activities across all sectors of our work. Our core business is devoted to public sector consulting for large institutional clients and donors but also to private sector clients that are interested in taking advantage of the emerging opportunities in sustainable energy in developing and emerging economies.
We are looking for young and enthusiastic junior energy experts with more than five years of professional experience for upcoming assignments that will be carried out within the framework of the project “EU Technical Assistance Facility for the 'Sustainable Energy for All' Initiative (SEforALL)”. The assignments will be short-term in duration and will be carried out in the regions of Neighbourhood (East and South), Asia (including Central Asia), Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific.
THE JUNIOR EXPERTS SHOULD HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Energy policies and reforms including but not limited to:
- Initial stocktaking of existing framework of policies, strategies and regulations guiding the sector, on-going reform programmes, gap analysis, etc.;
- Energy policy formulation and legislation and the development of subsequent regulatory instruments, as well as support schemes;
- Review of the effectiveness of existing energy sector reform programmes and define and elaborate new ones;
- Identification of legislative measures aimed at attracting public and private investments
- Assessment of existing tariff regulations and recommendations for new ones;
Capacity building in policy and regulatory framework including but not limited to:
- Capacity building through training on the implementation of feasibility studies, environmental impact assessments, project facilitation, funds’ mobilisation, sector policy and financial reforms;
Programming and preparation of energy projects including but not limited to:
- Elaboration and design of energy studies, programmes and projects;
- Identifying financing options with international financing institutions as well as public and private domestic and international sector;
Financing of energy projects including but not limited to:
- Energy project investment and financing including identification and preparation of investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy project, mobilisation of funds and facilitation of partnerships and/or leveraging of private investment.
- Preparation of bankable projects including the identification of innovative mechanisms to facilitate international and local financing
Industrial and technological cooperation including but not limited to:
- Developing know how and expertise on modern technological solutions, their comparable advantages, their construction and maintenance for energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies.
CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least a 4 year University degree in energy related discipline
- A master's degree in fields related to the contract such as energy or project management / economics would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience directly in any of the above mentioned areas;
- Prior experience in working technical assistance projects in the energy sector funded by the EC or any other international donor agencies will be an advantage.
This is an open call for submission of CVs and we will contact candidates that meet the requirements of specific assignments received.
As soon as possible