Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) is an SME with over 30 years of experience in projects and services for renewable energy, rural electrification, development and sustainability. TTA mainly works in the following areas:
▪ High value consultancy services in distributed renewable energy
▪ Design of renewable energy projects, grid tied and off-grid power plants
▪ Turnkey services of renewable energy projects, in particular solar PV and RE micro-grids for rural electrification
▪ Engineering services for public and private clients
▪ Design of sustainable and eco-efficient buildings
▪ Policy and capacity building projects for governments in Renewable Energy and Sustainability
Trama TecnoAmbiental headquarters are based in Barcelona, Spain and has regular presence in Nairobi, Kenya and in Sao Paulo, Brazil. For a better insight view, please see Chad video: https://youtu.be/M_Prqd1jjP8
TTA designs and delivers micro-grids with renewable energy generation for rural electrification. Due to the increase in the demand for these solutions, and in Africa and Latin America-Caribbean in particular, TTA is seeking a diligent Junior PV Design Engineer, fluent in English and ideally in French. He will report to the Technical Director and to Project Managers.
The Junior PV Design Engineer will specifically be involved:
▪ To compile, draw-up technical designs and writing specifications (both mechanical and electrical) (complying with standards), bill of quantities, including but not limited to distribution lines, microgrid plants, battery, control and monitoring system, buildings and structures in English. Ideally being able to translate it in French after revision of it by the Technical Director.
▪ To prepare the full tender dossier including administrative procedure following the procedures applicable
▪ To assess and support the selection of subcontractors and providers according to the procedure required by the project.
Depending on the new opportunities and on the satisfaction of the deliverables, he could be involved:
▪ To help the Business Development department in preparing proposals, in
particular preparing technical methodologies, bill of materials and budgets
and technical drawings for proposals.
▪ To standardize procedures and forms.
▪ To support on the procurement and logistics of goods.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
▪ A bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical or electrical
▪ REQUIREMENT - Fluency in English, and good level in French, both written
▪ Passionate about renewable energies and rural electrification
▪ Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
▪ Methodical and organized
▪ Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
▪ Ability and proven experience to learn quickly and develop innovative
solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges
▪ Ability to lead and communicate with a team
The following competences will also be an advantage:
▪ A Master’s degree
▪ Years of experience in PV energy
▪ Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese will be valued
▪ Knowledge of RE system design tools such as PVSyst, AutoCAD, RETSCREEN
▪ Energy efficiency related experience
▪ Experience with design of LV distribution grids
▪ Familiar with EU and other multilateral agencies’ public procurement
Salary and benefits: To be determined according to the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Starting date: Immediate / Initial contract duration: 2 months
Position based in: Barcelona, Spain.
Apply: Interested applicants may send their up-to-date resumes along with a short
cover letter (1 page max.) to the following electronic address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
As soon as possible