Solaris Offgrid is providing energy solutions for people in off-grid areas. Our smart and modular solar technology provides a platform to bring energy, services and financing to rural communities.
Solaris Offgrid offers its integrated solution to several organisations (in developing countries) which dedicate their efforts to:
- Reproduce a solar system centred business model inspired by Solaris Tanzania;
- Integrate our solution in their last mile delivery of small lamps, cookstoves and/or related services;
- Integrate our solution to their mini-grid in order to extend their reach beyond 2 km radius.
The role of The “last mile field ops” analyst will be Triple:
- To work with the field team to obtain a deep understanding of how the business operates, analyse the processes that are being carried out and suggest potential improvements (like a consultant would do). The candidate will then aid the testing, implementation and documentation of new processes.
- To support local management by being the ‘eyes and ears’ on the field. This will involve both analysing data on the CRM system and running studies in the field to improve understanding of specific topics. In particular the candidate will be responsible for understanding the behaviour and needs of our customers.
- To succinctly provide the R&D department in Europe with field insights regarding the use of the technology, customer behaviour and challenges faced by the business.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, not afraid to take initiatives or make proposals and then see them through to completion.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about developing world projects and social business.
- Interested in exploring the motivations behind customer behaviour, and providing innovative solutions to meet our customers’ needs
- Can work to deadlines and demonstrates confidence about reporting to top management on time whenever asked to do so. A great autonomy will be granted.
- A structured and methodological thinker, who is able to turn complex issues into clear solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to manage people in a multicultural environment, and is eager to discover a new culture.
- Has native/fluent proficiency in English. Knowledge of Swahili is an advantage but not necessary.
- Is proficient in using Microsoft Office tools with demonstrated knowledge of Excel to run analysis of data
- Previous knowledge or experience in consulting or B2C marketing and sales is an advantage.
Compensation and details:
- Start date: August 2017 for the #Tech position, October 2017 for the others
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Mwanza region, Tanzania
- All business related expenses paid
- A stipend will be provided to cover living costs and visa expenses
- Possibility of an employment at the end of the internship
Send us a quick email (email@example.com) with you resume and tell us why you’re excited to join us.
As soon as possible