SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands more than 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV seeks a strong Market Development (MD) Manager to strategically position SNV and especially SNV’s Energy sector among donors, partners and customers and develop a healthy business ‘pipeline’. Being part of the global Marketing and Business Development Unit, you will work alongside the MD Managers of the other 2 sectors, analyzing and coordinating the global market and key donors and partners. At the same time, you will be firmly rooted in the global Energy Sector Team, profiling the sector among relevant donors and stakeholders, resulting in a solid business pipeline.
- Sector Intelligence and Trends: identify relevant market developments and trends within the Energy sector and among key donors and partners, and initiate internal knowledge sharing;
- Strategic Positioning: build and maintain effective relationships with relevant partners and donors;
- Opportunity Identification and Reviewing: identify key funding opportunities, manage the global business pipeline for the Energy sector, advise on partner selection and distribute opportunity information to internal stakeholders;
- Capture Management: advice on bid decisions, and design and implement winning strategies to secure funding in the Energy market;
- Proposal Coordination and Development: for selected large opportunities this position will serve as the prospect coordinator to develop proposals;
- Donor Strategy Development: prepare donor strategies and contribute to marketing plans and branding for selected key donors.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant field;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in institutional fundraising (tenders and grants);
- Up-to-date knowledge in Off-Grid Energy, specifically in Market development and Access to Energy challenges for underserved populations and sectors of economy;
- Proven track record in institutional fundraising, proposal development and international donor relationship management;
- Established international network in the (Off-Grid) Energy sector and with main international donors (EU, DFID, WB, BMZ, SIDA, DGIS, SDC, among others);
- Extensive knowledge of funding modalities including climate finance;
- Demonstrated writing and public speaking skills (English required, French preferred, Spanish/Portuguese is a plus);
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent teamwork, communication, networking, organisational and analytical skills.
SNV offers opportunities to profile, lead and innovate, and to grow your skills and network in a highly professional, high-paced and international work environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/sector/energy
Read the full job description
11 December 2017