Mobisol combines solar energy with an affordable payment plan via mobile phone, comprehensive customer service and innovative remote monitoring technology. The Berlin-based company offers low-income customers in developing nations quality solar home systems that are a clean alternative to unhealthy, environmentally harmful, and expensive fossil fuels. Systems come in varying sizes from 80 to 200 Wp to match the various energy needs of differing households. Mobisol solar home systems provide enough electricity to power bright LED lights, radios, mobile phones and a variety of household and consumer appliances. The larger systems can also power small businesses enabling entrepreneurial customers to create additional income. In this way, Mobisol stimulates economic and social development in project countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The position holder is responsible for leading sales development and commercial partnerships development in the Country Office.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Support the development and improvement of standardized commercial partnership models including compensation schemes and operational impact
- Identify, initiate, and set-up commercial partnerships on the national and international level (e.g. sales collaborations with content providers or financial sector companies, corporate sales partnerships with large organizations) performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Kick-off the implementation of partnerships, handing over the implementation to Sales & Marketing and/or Expansion departments
- Monitor and review partnerships and make strategy adjustments as needed
- Support corporate sales and corporate marketing activities, by providing a framework of potential clients and attractive sales/marketing propositions
- Identify, design and develop sales channel growth opportunities in collaboration with the Sales Managers and the Development & Expansion departments – this concerns both opportunities to grow existing channels (e.g. Telesales, Customer refers Customer) and to create new channels (e.g. special sales force targeting specific customer segment)
- Initiate and support improvement initiatives to make sales function more effective and efficient
- Academic background in business, economics, or related field
- Working experience, preferably in management consulting
- Strong communication and excellent business writing skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate fact finding/analysis and sound decision making
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail, accuracy and quality at all times
- Open to work in a flexible and creative work environment with fast-evolving operations
- Fluency in English, local language is a plus
- Experience with setting up partnerships and drafting innovative business models with a solid business case is a plus
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding, highly motivated international team, combining professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a dynamic global community, you will receive an attractive benefits package with different options to participate in the success of our company.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please send your application (motivation letter that none of the other applicants will write – stand out!, CV, references) with the position title on the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as possible