Fluidic Energy is delivering revolutionary low cost and intelligent sustainable energy storage solutions to power applications worldwide.
Formed in 2006 and headquartered in Scottsdale Arizona, Fluidic Energy designs, manufactures and markets proprietary energy storage solutions. It is the first and only company to commercialize and deliver rechargeable metal-air battery technology in high production volumes for commercial load-shifting applications.
Fluidic Energy, an Arizona-based company developing and manufacturing proprietary battery technology, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing team as we bring a game-changing product to market. This position entails working alongside world-class scientists and engineers to develop, design, test and analyze Fluidic Energy’s power system. The position requires a high level of drive and flexibility to work in a fast-paced, independent and demanding start-up atmosphere. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, resourceful problem solver as well as a team player with exemplary verbal and written communications skills to efficiently communicate data and interact effectively with members of the various technical teams within our organization. Strong emphasis will be placed on technical experience and expertise as outlined below.
Fluidic Energy offers competitive salaries and full benefits package. We are located at 8455 North 90th St. Scottsdale, AZ.
- Design, develop, and validate power systems from concept through production for a variety of applications
- Define requirements, cross-communicating with all areas of the business
- Lead system architecture and concept decisions
- Perform optimization analysis while accounting for design considerations in the following areas: cost, efficiency, thermal management, packaging & ease of use, product life and manufacturability
- Perform product validation and testing for compliance of product specifications, power quality, EMI/EMC and UL requirements
- Interact with cross-disciplinary teams including mechanical, electrical, firmware, testing, production and R&D
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5+ years of relevant industry experience or
- Master’s degree with 3+ years of relevant industry experience - preferably in battery, fuel cells and/or electromechanical systems with electronics and software controls.
- Working knowledge of electronics, electrochemistry, control algorithms and software programming
- Strong analytical skills in system-level testing and debugging.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, system integration, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Experience with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, frequency analyzers, etc.)
Experience in the following is preferred:
- Power generation, energy storage, solar, aerospace, automobile, or regulatory fields
- High-volume production industries such as consumer electronics or automotive backgrounds
- Using software modeling and simulation tools for power systems
- Batteries based on Li-ion, NiMH, NiCd, and/or Alkaline technologies
- Smart batteries involving microcontrollers, power FETs, PLC
- Problem solving with a combination of mechanical, fluids, thermal, chemical, electronics, and software engineering
- Hands on use of electronics equipment including of DMM, oscilloscope, load banks, power supplies and soldering
- Familiarity with a New Product Development process
As soon as possible