Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) is an SME with over 30 years of experience in projects and services for renewable energy, rural electrification, development and sustainability. TTA mainly works in the following areas:
- High value consultancy services in distributed renewable energy
- Design of renewable energy projects, grid tied and off-grid power plants
- Turnkey services of renewable energy projects, in particular solar PV and RE micro-grids for rural electrification
- Engineering services for public and private clients
- Design of sustainable and eco-efficient buildings
- Policy and capacity building projects for governments in Renewable Energy and Sustainability
Trama TecnoAmbiental headquarters are based in Barcelona, Spain and has regular presence in Nairobi, Kenya and in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
TTA designs and delivers micro-grids with renewable energy generation for rural electrification. Due to the increase in the demand for these solutions, and in Africa and Latin America-Caribbean in particular, TTA is seeking a diligent experienced engineer to lead and manage the technical department. The technical director will be in charge of technical designs (both mechanical and electrical), bill of quantities, compliance with standards, project implementation logistics, and overall organization and quality of the technical department.
The technical director will lead a small technical team and report to the Director and the Heads responsible for Africa, Middle East and Latin America regions.
The Technical Director will specifically be responsible for:
- Timely quality production, review and control of technical designs, specifications and budgets
- Cost optimization of detailed engineering solutions designs and bill of materials
- Keep up with last technology developments, in particular with system control and storage
- Supervision and management of technical department and field engineers
- Travel to project sites for project supervision and commissioning (up to 30% of time)
- Identifying new market technical challenges and potential technology advancements to integrate in new projects and solutions across the different departments.
- Supervision of the Technical monitoring of key performance indicators of plants in operation.
- Ability to remotely, or through field engineers, closely work and supervise local sub-contractors in Africa, Latin America and Asia
- Help the Business Development department in identifying and preparing proposals, in particular preparing technical methodologies, bill of materials and budgets and technical drawings for proposals
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical, electrical or mechatronics
- Minimum 5 years of experience in renewable energy, in particular in design of RE microgrids (especially solar-diesel hybrids), distributed solar PV, electrical batteries.
- Experience with design of MV/LV distribution grids is desirable
- REQUIREMENT - Fluency English, both written and verbal
- Passionate about renewable energies and rural electrification
- Previous experience managing technical departments is highly desirable
- Problem-solver, pro-active and results-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Methodical and organized
- Motivation to travel internationally often
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, RE system design tools such as PVSyst, RETSCREEN and HOMER and AutoCAD
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively, learn quickly and develop innovative solutions involving electrical and mechanical challenges
The following competences will be an advantage:
- A Master’s degree is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish, French and/or Portuguese will be valued
Salary and benefits:
To be determined according to the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Starting date: Immediate
Position based in: Barcelona, Spain with travels to project site
Apply: Interested applicants may send their up-to-date resumes along with a short cover letter (2 pages max.) to the following electronic address before the 10th of March:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
As soon as possible