Odyssey is a web-based software platform designed to meet the needs of project developers, vendors, financiers, and governments. Through a suite of data analysis tools and investor/vendor marketplaces, Odyssey simplifes, streamlines, and reduces the costs of developing and financing rural electrification projects around the world.
As VP of Business Development, you’d be working closely with the CEO to leverage the significant market traction Odyssey has gained since launching to bring the business to the next level. In this important role, you would develop strategic partnerships and help define the company’s business development priorities. This role would be highly visible in the sector.
Responsibilities would include:
- Building out the platform’s user base across financiers, project developers, suppliers and others
- Developing partnerships with key stakeholders in the market to advance Odyssey’s vision
- Facilitating successful closure of procurement and financing deals on the platform
- Scoping new markets and implementing new market entry plans
- Identify additional business opportunities and strengthen the organization’s business model
Requirements We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree (MBA or similar) preferred
- 7+ years of successful business development experience in the renewable energy sector
- Deep finance expertise (corporate and/or project finance)
- Significant experience, knowledge, and network in emerging markets / energy access sector preferred
- Collaborative nature; great at building strong partnerships and relationships and working closely within a team where all members feel valued and empowered
- Deep internal drive to build something great – and execute on big goals
- Comfort with the dynamism that comes with an early stage start up
This position could be based in Boulder with 30-40% travel, or in Europe or Africa.
As soon as possible